At Dunne, Dunne & Cohen, LLC. in Hoboken, NJ, and Kearny, NJ, we have a proven track record of helping buyers, sellers, and investors throughout the state handle the complicated legal process involved in real estate law, handling a variety of residential and commercial transactions. With over 44 years of experience, our real estate attorneys can help you navigate real estate law to avoid litigation and achieve the best possible results. Contractual real estate comprises 90% of the real estate cases we handle, and we actively participate in contract negotiations to protect your interests from the start. To schedule your free consultation with a real estate lawyer, contact us today.
How a Lawyer Can Help
Our firm can represent buyers, sellers, and investors, and often both lender and purchaser in residential foreclosures. Our real estate attorneys thoroughly understand real estate law, including the New Jersey lease and rental agreement laws . At Dunne, Dunne & Cohen, LLC, we take clients step-by-step through transactions from initial negotiations to contracts, finance options, and closing, ensuring that you are safe-guarded against contract disputes or litigation.
Working with a family-operated firm that is dedicated to providing clients with the best results possible can protect your interests while minimizing stress.
We assist with first-time residential real estate transactions and mortgage modifications, striving to make the purchase process as simple as possible. Another consideration is the constant evolution of real estate law and regulations. With our legal counsel, you can assess your options and find the most beneficial solutions. Regardless of whether you are buying a home for the first time, negotiating a commercial space lease, or filing a dispute, we can advise you and protect your interests, both in the short and long-term.
Residential Real Estate Transactions
Residential real estate transactions may concern contracts, easements, property lines, and titles. Buying a home, especially as a first-time buyer, is a major financial decision that involves significant paperwork, financial agreements and documentation, and contractual negotiations. This can be an exciting and sometimes stressful process, particularly in cases where escrows and sales fall through because of a later discovery or disclosure. Our attorneys thoroughly understand the detailed legal matters associated with these transactions and can help you secure a deal that is in your best interest.
Commercial Real Estate Considerations
Commercial real estate transactions often include the buying or selling of property, development contracts with the city that require permits, or lease agreements. Some difficulties that may arise in these transactions are:
- Discrepancies between rent due date and the commencement date: If the building owner is still working on the space you are going to rent, there may be a gap between your first payment and the actual date you move in.
- Renewing a lease: Commercial owners benefit from lengthier lease agreements, wanting you to commit to the contract for several years at the start. A real estate attorney can help you review the lease agreement and negotiate for a shorter lease period.
- Subletting: If during your lease you have to relocate, subletting the space seems like the natural course of action. However, many landlords view this unfavorably. It is important to make sure the provision is in the initial agreement.
- Non-disturbance: If during your tenancy the commercial property is subject to foreclosure, you could find yourself evicted and your contract cancelled. This can be avoided by including a non-disturbance clause in your lease agreement that allows you to remain on the property and finish your lease.
At Dunne, Dunne & Cohen, LLC, our real estate legal services include:
- Disputes (tenant, buyer, seller, broker, neighbor)
- Negotiations and purchases
- Lease agreements
- Property line disputes
- Breach of contract
- Escrow and closing
- Development contracts
Learn More, Contact Us Today
Working with a family-operated firm that is dedicated to providing clients with the best results possible can protect your interests while minimizing stress. To schedule a free consultation concerning a real estate matter, contact our law firm today.