A car accident lawyer at our firm can handle any case involving injury caused by car accidents, establishing liability against responsible parties and pursuing significant compensation for both financial and non-financial losses. With proven defense strategies and a thorough understanding of personal injury claims and lawsuits, our firm can also offer valuable legal representation for clients facing charges. We understand that a car accident in any circumstance can be upsetting, as well as traumatic. At Dunne, Dunne & Cohen, LLC, serving clients throughout the state from our Hoboken, NJ, and Kearny, NJ, offices, we strive to minimize your stress and worry as much as possible. To schedule your free consultation, contact us today.
Receiving Appropriate Medical Assistance
Most importantly after an accident, clients should obtain the medical care they need to recover. You should keep all receipts for health care bills and medical reports, since we will submit these to the insurance companies. When you partner with a firm that thoroughly understands New Jersey accident compensation laws , you can rest assured that we can strategically handle your case, helping your through the entire process and eliminating as much stress as possible.
Accident Types and Injuries
Accidents are often the result of irresponsible or reckless driving , and can have a significant impact on your daily life and ability to earn a living. Whether you are suffering from physical problems and undergoing medical treatment directly related to your car accident or are dealing with the mental or emotional distress that often accompanies a car accident, our attorneys can help provide the legal assistance you need and the results you want.
There are many types of car accidents. These can include:
- Rear-end, side, and head-on collision: Collision where significant damage occurs when one car hits another or a car hits an object. In this case, airbags and other safety features will likely have been triggered, and risk of significant damage to vehicles and passengers is higher.
- Single vehicle accident : Incident where one vehicle hits an object, such as another car, fire hydrant, or pedestrian.
- Multi-vehicle collision: Accident that involves several vehicles and occurs due to heavy traffic or reckless driving.
- Rollover: Accident where a vehicle rolls over or lands on its hood due to momentum or force. This type of accident is more likely with taller vehicles, such as sport utility vehicles, and in cases of reckless driving.
- Pedestrian incident: Cases where a driver is involved in an accident with a pedestrian.
Accident Reconstruction and Evidence-gathering
To establish liability, our car accident attorneys will first need your statement about the incident. We will review the police report, which determines who was at fault and whether the driver was violating laws or regulations. For example, if a driver was driving under the influence, speeding, or surpassing hours of service, they would be subject to criminal charges.
At Dunne, Dunne & Cohen, LLC, we want to help our clients return to their lives as quickly as possible.
Reconstructing the accident scene is important for confirming who is at fault. A police report will include details about the situation, but we may hire a third party investigator to document and measure physical evidence to arrive at a conclusion. This often means inspecting the site of the crash, measuring skid marks, and inspecting the damage done to both cars.
Car accidents can be devastating for victims of personal injury due to irresponsible, reckless, or drunk drivers. Potential damages range from cosmetic or functional vehicle damage to extreme personal damage, such as spinal cord injuries or even death. When reviewing your case, we will assess the extent of your injuries and the treatment they require. We will also review:
- Lost wages due to missing work
- Long-term decrease or loss of wages directly related to your injury
- Physical pain and emotional distress
- Medical treatment costs, such as diagnostic tests, doctor visits, prescription medications, and physical therapy
Since insurance companies often deny claims or try to offer a low compensation early on, hiring a lawyer to support and guide you can mean the difference between possessing significant medical bills and vehicle damage, or being able to concentrate on physical and emotional healing without an immense financial burden. We want to help our clients return to their lives as quickly as possible, and understand that coping with the injuries or trauma of an accident can seriously impact your life and finances.
While our attorneys have years of experience representing plaintiffs, we are also equipped to help clients in need of criminal defense. Facing charges can be an overwhelming experience and we will work carefully to obtain all the facts necessary to strengthen your case. Unlike firms which strictly handle personal injury, this diverse background allows us to better understand the specifics of each type of client's needs.
Contact Our Firm Today
We provide legal representation for clients who have been accused of a crime and also injured in car accidents, guiding you step by step through all paperwork and procedures, while working to get you the most beneficial results we can. To schedule your free consultation, contact our firm today.